Capt. Stephel asks: Depending on your hemisphere, spring or fall is arriving on Wednesday. Show us what you love and/or hate about the season.
It’s Fall here in the desert. Not that you would actually know. It was 111 F on Sunday. Here are the things I dislike about it (and there won’t be many):
- All the snow birds are back and the streets are flooded with out of state plates from people in colder climates. What should be a 20 minute ride to work now takes 40 minutes.
- Lower electricity bills from not using the Air Conditioning so much.
- Going up north to see the leaves change or see snow.
- Caramel apples!
- Placing the comforter back on the bed.
- Seeing the fluffy coat Monsoon, the wonder weasel gets. This is commonly referred to the Russian Hat phase.
- Actually using the heat every now and then.
- Leaving the house in a light sweater and not sweating ones butt off.
- A hot cup of coffee on a chilly morning.
- Halloween – my favorite holiday. It gives me a great excuse to drink pumpkin beer while passing out candy (and then just plain passing out!)
- Pumpkins for decorating and pumpkins for yummy Fall recipes.
- And then finally, its nice to just open the front door in the morning and not feel the same blast of heat you’d feel if you had set your oven to broil and stuck your face in there.
The Desert Throughout the 4 Seasons Pictorial