We celebrated our anniversary Friday evening at a fondue restaurant where all the courses, except for one, are meant to be dipped into a pot of melting wonderfulness. We had a reservation for a little private nook that divided us from the rest of the restaurant by a black velvet curtain. The waiter would announce himself by saying ‘knock knock’ before parting the curtains.
The picture to the left is a little something complimentary they dropped by the table. All in all it was a wonderful evening.
We woke up Saturday morning to rain and much cooler temperatures. I had run out to the grocery store and much to my surprise, the Estrella Mountains had snow on the very top. It was hard to believe that only a week ago the temps had hit 100 degrees. Now snow? It didn’t last long and was melted by the end of the day.
I’m starting to grow concerned with The Weasely One again. The vet did say that the prednisone she is currently taking would eventually wear off. I think that is starting to happen. Last weekend I had given her a bath where it was such a nice day. When it came time to give her the regularly schedule dose of meds, I couldn’t find her. She wasn’t in her normal sleep spots. I found her eventually in the corner of Hubby’s tv room. She was staring into space. When I went to pick her up her little body was all stiff as if she had been frightened. Was she traumatized from the bath? She’s had quite a few in her lifetime without this ever happening. I gave her a small amount of corn syrup which seem to bring her to. Then I gave her some of her favorite food (Hill’s Prescription Science Diet) and she had been fine.
So this morning I went to find her and she was sleeping in a throw rug beside the wash machine in the laundry room.
She seemed a bit out of it. Her eyes had those ‘lights are on but no one’s home’ look. Again I gave her a bit of corn syrup and she came to. Then she had something to eat.
I called the vets to make an appointment for her. She will go in tomorrow night. I really didn’t expect the medicine to stop working this soon. I thought we had at least a few more months. Surgery will most likely be the next step. I talked to Hubby this afternoon and he is not keen on the idea. I don’t think he realizes it yet but he doesn’t have a choice. This is my baby.
Anyways, we’ll see what the vet says tomorrow night. I feel a bit sad but am trying to remain hopeful. She has a strong will to live and although she is an older pet, she has had a strong little body.
The picture above was taken a few years ago. We must’ve been getting ready for a camping trip when she wandered into my suit case for a nap.