This recipe came from the Rival Crock Pot Cookbook published in 2006. This recipe was very easy to throw together and was quite delicious. Perfect for Oktoberfest! I halved it where I have a smaller crock pot but the recipe here is for the full amount of ingredients.
- 4 pounds bratwurst
- 2 pounds sauerkraut
- 6 apples, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 white onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 tablespoon caraway seeds
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 5 bottles German-style beer
Add all ingredients to the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or until apples and onions are soft. Makes 6 to 8 servings. Enjoy!